Bank robbers suspected of committing a string of take-over style robberies while wearing wigs across the metro area, including one in Conyers and one in Covington, struck again on Thursday in Norcross.
On Sept. 30, around 12:40 noon, two black males wearing masks entered the Chase Bank, located at 1250 Tech Drive, Norcross. Customers were forced to the floor while one of the robbers stood by with a long weapon/machine pistol type firearm. The other robber approached the teller station and demanded money. The robbers did not, however, obtain any money and were observed departing in a gold colored Kia Spectra, recovered by law enforcement officers in an area behind the victim bank. The vehicle had been reported stolen in Dekalb County, Georgia on September 29.
As a result of the robberies, Wells Fargo is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the individuals responsible for these takeover robberies.
The robbers are described as follows:
* Robber #1 is described as a Black male, 20-30 years in age, 5'8"-5'10" tall
* Robber #2 is described as a Black male, 20-25 years in age. 6'0" tall
The driver of the vehicle was also described as being a black male.
Prior similar area robberies include:
* 7/27/10-Wachovia, Clairmont Rd, Atlanta/Dekalb County, GA. Two black males, wigs, guns, takeover style; 10:44 a.m.
* 7/30/10-Chase Bank, 5552 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody, GA. Four males entered the bank, demanded money; two of the males were armed with pistols, and a third was armed with an assault rifle; described as black males, wearing dark clothing and ski masks; ranged in height from 5'5" - 5'10" tall; 10:15 a.m.
* 8/16 /10-Wachovia Bank, 3374 Holcomb Bridge Rd., (Holcomb Corners) Norcross, GA. Two black males, wearing wigs, displaying guns, take-over style robbery; 10:20 a.m.
* 8/20/10-Chase Bank, 1050 E. Piedmont Rd. (Piedmont Commons), Marietta, GA. Two black males, armed takeover-style robbery, wearing masks, no wigs; 1:11 p.m.
* 8/25/10-Wachovia Bank, 1280 Dogwood Rd, Conyers, GA. Two black males, wearing wigs, displaying guns, takeover robbery; 10:43 a.m.
* 8/26/10 - BB&T, Covington, GA. One black male, takeover-style robbery, stolen silver Lexus recovered.
* 8/27/10-Chase Bank, 2079 S. Hairston Rd. (Hairston Crossing) Decatur, GA. Two black males, guns displayed, takeover-style robbery, no wigs; 10:15 a.m.
* 9/8/10-Wachovia Bank, located at 3520 Centerville Highway, Snellville, Georgia
Anyone with information regarding this matter is asked to contact the Atlanta office FBI at (404) 679-9000.