By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Man found trapped under home taken to Savannah hospital
Placeholder Image

PORTAL, Ga. (AP) — A man trapped under his mobile home when a water heater fell through the floor is being treated at Memorial University Medical Center in Savannah.

Bulloch County Fire Chief Christopher Ivey says that a neighbor found the man on Wednesday. The Statesboro Herald reports that the hospital would not release information about the man's condition on Thursday and family members were unavailable ( ).

Authorities believe the home's floor was weakened by age and leaked water. Ivey says the man was under the home repairing water pipes when the very large hot water heater fell on him. Ivey says 63-year-old Leslie Argyle had 13 broken ribs, a concussion and possible hypothermia.