By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Parents say Atlanta kids ordered off bus
Placeholder Image

ATLANTA - Atlanta school officials are investigating a complaint that a school bus driver ordered several students to get out and walk.

The students attend Ralph Bunche Middle School and had been at an after-school program Monday afternoon. The father of a 12-year-old says he found her after 8 p.m. walking down a road alone.

The 12-year-old, Inayah Akbar, told WSB-TV (http://bit.ly/n8AbIz) that the driver kept getting lost and finally pulled over and told the three remaining passengers to get off the bus.

Atlanta Public Schools spokesman Keith Bromery says the district is following up on the report. He says it's unacceptable for a driver to drop a child off anywhere except the designated bus stop. 

Rep. Brian Strickland looking at Attorney General race in 2026
Brian Strickland
District 17 State Sen. Brian Strickland - photo by Special Photo
With Chris Carr already having announced his intention to run for governor in 2026, that will leave his Attorney General seat open. One elected official with Newton County ties has said he is looking at entering the Republican primary for attorney general next week.
Subscribe to keep reading
Subscribe today to keep reading great local content. You can cancel anytime!
Subscribe