The Georgia Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests (CRCT) will be administered to all students in grades three through eight, the weeks of April 16-26, 2013. Actual tests and dates are:
Reading: April 16
English Language Arts: April 18
Math: April 23
Science: April 24
Social Studies: April 25
According to Newton County School System Director of Testing, Dr. Carl Skinner, parents and guardians can help ensure that students do their very best during this testing period by:
- Making sure your child gets plenty of rest each night of testing;
- Providing nutritious dinners and breakfasts daily;
- Encouraging your child daily to listen carefully to the instructions;
- Making sure that your child gets to school on time each morning of testing; and
- Ensuring your child has his/her prescribed eyewear (if needed).
“The CRCT is a very important test, but it is only one measure of your child’s achievement,” said Skinner. “Therefore, we do not want students to be overly anxious. Please encourage students to relax and to do their very best.”
Parents or guarding who have questions regarding testing should contact their child’s school for information.