The Georgia Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests will be administered to all students in grades three through eight April 22-May 1.
Test dates are: reading, April 22; English language arts, April 24; math, April 29; science, April 30; social studies, May 1.
“The CRCT is a very important test, but it is only one measure of your child’s achievement,” said Allison Jordan, Newton County School System director of testing. “Therefore, we do not want students to be overly anxious.”
Jordan said she encourages parents and guardians to help ensure that students do their best during the testing period by:
- Making sure your child gets plenty of rest each night of testing
- Providing nutritious breakfasts and dinners daily
- Encouraging your child daily to listen carefully to the instructions in the tests
- Making sure your child gets to school on time each morning of testing
- Ensuring your child has his or her prescribed eyewear, if needed.
- Parents or guardians who have questions regarding testing should contact their child’s school for more information.