COVINGTON, Ga. - The Newton County Sheriff’s Office would like to announce that employee Debra Payne recently completed all necessary requirements to become a certified Crime and Intelligence Analyst.
During her course of study, Payne had to take and pass the following courses:
- Crime Analysis Applications
- Criminal Intelligence and Analysis
- Research Methods in Criminal Justice
- Criminal Investigative Analysis
- Minimum of 400 hours internship within a Crime or Intelligence Analysis Unit with a law enforcement agency.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
- College courses of an Introduction to Criminal Justice Course and An Introduction to Criminal Law Course
- Became familiar with the laws of the state residing
- Obtain a letter from a supervisor letter stating employee has gained sufficient knowledge of criminal justice system and criminal law as a result of on-the-job work
Payne is assigned to the Criminal Investigation Division and will serve as a full-time Crime and Intelligence Analyst for the agency.