The Covington City Council is having a called meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m. at City Hall, to address several items that were originally scheduled for the Sept. 21 meeting.
The first council meeting on the month was cancelled because of Labor Day and the Sept. 21 was getting overloaded, so the council has called a meeting for tonight. The Sept. 21 meeting will still take place at 6:30 p.m. as originally scheduled.
CITY OF COVINGTON
SEPTEMBER 10, 2009
Mayor Kimberly C. Carter, Mayor Pro-Tem Hawnethia Williams, Council members: Janet A. Goodman, John A. Howard, Ocie Franklin, Michael Whatley, and Keith Dalton, City Manager Steve Horton, City Clerk Tonya R. Grier, and City Attorney Edward A. Crudup, Jr.,
1. Call to order.
2. Discussion/approval of changes to the agenda.
3. Public comments for any item not on the agenda.
4. Chamber Director of Tourism Clara Deemer to discuss the upcoming Cemetery Tour.
5. Discussion/approval of a Memorandum of Understanding with the Newton County Board of Health for the City to act as a Point of Distribution of the H1N1 Flu Vaccination.
6. Discussion/approval of an Automatic Aid Agreement with Newton County.
7. Discussion/approval of an Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Porterdale for Fleet Service and Maintenance.
8. Discussion/approval of ordinance requiring owners to cleanup behind their animals anywhere other than on property belonging to the owner.
9. Discussion of Section 32 of City Charter: Contract, etc., Interest Prohibited
10. Discussion/approval of authorizing the Mayor to transfer funds into the appropriate GDOT account for Underground Utility Relocation occurring as a part of the GDOT contract for Hwy 278 & 142 Widening Project.
11. Discussion/approval of participating in the HEAT Program.
12. Discussion/approval of a request from the Covington Rotary Club to interrupt traffic on Highway 36 for a car show.
13. Discussion/approval of bids to purchase a mower for the Street Department.
14. Discussion/approval to authorize the Police Department to seek bids to replace a wrecked police car.
15. Discussion/approval of a request to interrupt traffic around the Square for the filming of a television series.
16. Public comments.
17. Recommendations of the City Manager.
18. Recommendations of the Mayor and Council.
19. Enter into Executive Session for the purpose of discussing potential litigation issues and alternatives.