The Covington City Council has rescheduled its council meeting to 6:30 p.m. Thursday at City Hall.
As usual, a work session will preceeed the meeting at 5:30 p.m. Below is the agenda:
1. Call to order.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Called Meeting and Regular Council Meeting held on January 3, 2011.
3. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
4. Public comments for any item not on the agenda.
5. Discussion of an application to sell alcoholic beverages for off-premises consumption only for:
Jay Ambe Food, Inc. d/b/a EZ Trip, 10125 Alcovy Road
6. Discussion of Defined Benefit Plan changes.
7. Discussion of a Downtown Permit for the 2011 Cheerios Challenge 10K & 5K Road Race.
8. Discussion to seek bids for the purchase of police department vehicles.
9. Discussion of network server upgrades and disaster recovery for the police department.
10. Discussion of sole source bid for equipment repairs at the Water Reclamation Facility.
11. Discussion of setting qualifying fees for Mayor and Council Posts to be filled by the election on November 8, 2011 at 3% of annual salary of the office or:
Mayor - $360.00
Council Post - $180.00
12. Discussion of participating in GMA's Georgia Cities Week, April 17-23, 2011.
13. Discussion of the following invoice:
ELECTRIC, B & B Electrical & Utility Contractors
Newton Drive Project, $22,400.00
14. Discussion of Geo-technical proposals for Covington Airport property located east of existing airport.
15. Public comments.
16. Recommendations of the City Manager.
17. Recommendations of the Mayor and Council.