On July 25, in the morning, I had the misfortune of stepping on a totally camouflaged copperhead snake, which bit me. I did not realize what had happened for a few seconds, but once I comprehended the severity of the situation, I screamed a primordial scream, knowing what I was facing.
My beau helped me (by killing the snake and driving me to the Piedmont Newton Emergency Department).
On the way, he stopped a police officer (thank you blue!), who called the ER. When we arrived, a wheelchair was waiting for me at the curb. Amazing!
Because of my age (72) and the danger of a venomous bite, I was seen very quickly.
Everyone at Piedmont Newton ER was king, efficient, courteous, professional and "up on their game." I was treated with the utmost respect.
I trust that you will never be bitten by a copperhead (they are prolific here), and never have to go to the Piedmont Newton ER, but ... if you do ... you are in good hands.
Newton County is blessed to have such a wonderful hospital and facility.
By the way, if you are unlucky enough to get a copperhead snake bite, do not elevate the bite area and do not apply ice, both of which we did mistakenly. Go directly to Piedmont Newton ER. They will take care of you!
PS - Prayer works! I had a lot of people praying for me.