With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we wanted to share with you a few of our favorite recipes. Whether they're family tradtions, signature dishes or just plain scrumptious, we hope you enjoy this taste of our table.
Susan Grajko, Advertising Representative
Mom's Pumpkin Pie
2 slightly beaten eggs
1/4 tsp. cloves
1 1/2 cups of pumpkin
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup of sugar
1 can of evaporated milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger
• Combine eggs, pumpkin, sugar, salt and spices. Gradually add evaporated milk and mix well.
• Pour into unbaked pie shell.
• Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
• Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees and continue baking until knife inserted into center comes out clean — about 40 to 50 minutes.
• Let cool and serve with whipped cream.
Jana Crowe, Advertising Representative
1 can of Eagle’s Brand sweetened condensed milk
1 frozen pie shell (not deep dish)
Peel label off Eagle’s Brand milk and boil for 3 hours; do not open the can. Keep it fully covered with water. That will make milk caramelize.
Brown the pie shell.
Open the can and pour the Eagle’s Brand milk into pie shell and garnish with Cool Whip.
Annette Godwin, Sales Director
Cream Cheese Squares
1 box butter recipe cake mix
1 stick soft butter
1 cup pecans (add at the end)
1 box 10x confectioner sugar
1 soft 8oz square cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
For the crust: Mix everything together, add pecans at the end. Spread butter on a 10x 15 glass dish ( or something close). Put butter on your finger tips to make spreading the crust easier. Spread mixer evenly in dish.
For the topping: Mix it together and spread over crust evenly. Move rack in oven to one level above the middle. Bake between 300-350. Every oven is different. It is thick and time may be different. It should take 35-45 minutes. Once the top is light brown, I turn off the oven and leave the door cracked for 15 minutes or so.
Michelle Kim, Editor
Easy Chicken Divan
Approximately 2-3 cans of Cream of Chicken soup (or you can use Cream of Mushroom soup too)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. curry powder
1 precooked whole rotisserie chicken from the grocery store (or about 1 lb of chicken)
6 bunches broccoli (or use a bag of pre-cooked frozen broccoli)
Cheese (cheddar or sliced)
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Steam cook the broccoli; chop into florets/chunks (or just use the frozen pre-cooked broccoli).
• Take out the meat from the whole chicken, or cook the chicken meat however you want.
• In a bowl, mix the soup, mayonnaise, curry, lemon juice.
• In a casserole dish, put downa the broccoli in a layer, the chicken in the next layer and pour the sauce over the whole thing.
• Top with cheese and breadcrumbs.
• Bake for 30-45 minutes.
• Serve over rice.