The Rockdale Coalition for Children and Families is now accepting applications for the John K. Morgan Community Service Scholarship which recognizes outstanding community service in Rockdale County.
This college scholarship, in its second year, will be awarded to a student who has demonstrated outstanding community service in Rockdale County and plans to continue that level of commitment while pursuing a post-secondary education.
The eligibility requirements are:
• Must be a Rockdale County resident.
• Demonstrated outstanding community service in Rockdale County as a volunteer
• Anticipating completion of a high school diploma or GED at the time of application;
• Plans to pursue post secondary education
• Must be eligible for post secondary enrollment in degree or certificate program at an accredited institution.
Applicants can submit their applications and essays between October 2011 and January 31, 2012. Final applications must be postmarked no later than January 31, 2012.
The scholarship will be awarded to assist with tuition only.
For more information and a complete list of requirements or to download a 2012 scholarship application, visit www.rockdalecoalition.org