The Conyers Police Department will hold a series of robbery prevention seminars for business owners this week and next in hopes of educating businesses of what to do in the event of a robbery.
The meeting dates, times and locations of the classes, conducted by the CPD Community Outreach Unit, are as follows:
• Tuesday, Dec. 6 from 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. at Northside Village (425 Sigman Road),
• Tuesday, Dec. 6 from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. at City Council Chambers (1194 Scott Street),
• Tuesday, Dec. 6 from 3:30 p.m.-5 p.m. at Rockdale Plaza (1191 West Avenue),
• Wednesday, Dec. 7 from 5 p.m.-6:30 p.m. at the Conyers Chick-Fil-A (1610 Highway 138),
• Thursday, Dec. 8 from 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. at Conyers Plaza (1436 Dogwood Drive),
• Thursday, Dec. 8 from 3 p.m.-4:30 p.m. at Conyers Crossroads (1564 Dogwood Drive) and,
• Wednesday, Dec. 14 from 5 p.m.-6:30 p.m. at the Conyers Chick-Fil-A.
Local businesses have been notified of the seminars and they are free to those interested in participating.
“During the holidays and this busy time of the year, we recognize that crimes of opportunity are more prevalent,” said CPD Chief Gene Wilson. “This is our effort to educate business owners and employees on the front lines of what to do and not to do in a robbery situation. We want to ensure the safety of businesses and their patrons during the holiday season and year-round.”
For more information or questions about the robbery prevention seminars, call 770-483-6600 or email email@example.com.