Chocolate Raspberry Mascarpone Cake
From Linda Bonwill
Just a Pinch Recipes
What You Need
1 box chocolate cake mix
2 c heavy whipping cream
8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temp.
1 c white frosting
red food coloring
1 can chocolate frosting
1 pint fresh raspberries
2 drops raspberry flavor extract or oil
mint leaves for garnish
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make cake mix according to directions. Bake in greased and floured bundt pan. Cool cake then slice horizontally, making a total of 4 pieces (for 3 layers).
• For filling, in large mixing bowl whip heavy cream until peaks form.
• Add mascarpone cheese and white frosting, mix well but do not overbeat. Add red food coloring until desired color is achieved.
• Place bottom slice of cake onto a waxed paper-lined serving platter; frost with mascarpone mixture. Repeat layers.
• Add raspberry flavor to chocolate frosting, mix well.
• Frost sides of cake with chocolate frosting, sealing cut edges. Microwave any leftover frosting to drizzle over top of cake. (Add drops of milk to loosen, if needed.) Remove wax paper; chill. Before serving add raspberries to center of cake. Garnish with mint leaves.
Submitted by: Linda Bonwill Englewood, FL (pop. 205,771)