By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Pre-K and Kindergarten registration for 2013-2014
Placeholder Image

Rockdale County Public Schools registration for 2013-2014 pre-kindergarten classes will soon be open and registration for kindergarten is already open until April 30.


Pre-Kindergarten 2013-2014 

Who can register: Any child who will be 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2013 

When to register: April 8-April 19, 7:30—3:30 Monday through Friday 

Where to register: Student Registration office, 1143 West Avenue, Conyers

Lottery Selection: Students will be selected for Pre-K programs via a random lottery drawing on April 24 at 9:30 a.m. at student registration offices on West Avenue. Students not selected on April 24 will be placed on a waiting list in the order drawn. 

Schools offering Pre-K: Barksdale Elementary, Hightower Elementary, C.J. Hicks Elementary, J.H. House Elementary, Pine Street Elementary, Flat Shoals Elementary, Lorraine Elementary, Shoal Creek Elementary, Honey Creek Elementary, Peek’s Chapel Elementary, Sims Elementary.

The Early Learning Center at Rockdale Career Academy holds a separate registration until March 22. Lottery for ELC is March 27. Forms available online at; return to ELC at 1064 Culpepper Drive, Conyers, GA 30094.


Kindergarden 2013-2014

Who should register: All students who will turn five years old by September 1, 2013.

When to register: Now until April 30

At the time of registration, your child’s school will be assigned and you will be given the school contact information. Elementary schools will need to conduct screen testing on your child in early May before class assignments can be made. Once your child is a registered student in the Rockdale County school system, you will be able to contact your elementary school to make an appointment for screen-testing, tours and class enrollment


What to Bring for Pre-K or Kindergarten registration: 

Child’s Birth Certificate
Social Security Card
Form 3231 (Certificate of Immunization)
Form 3300 (Eye/Ear/Dental Certificate)
Photo I.D. for parent/guardian or Proof of custody or guardianship if person enrolling child is not the birth parent
Two Proofs of Residence, one of the following: 
o Lease agreement with utility bill (gas, water, or electricity) 
o Lease agreement with automobile registration 
o Property Tax receipt with utility bill (gas, water, or electricity) 
o Property Tax receipt with automobile registration 


For more information: Student Registration Center, 770-761-1457 or email at or go to