By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
One injured in four fires this weekend

The first weekend of fall was a full one for the Rockdale County Fire Department.

Deputy Fire Chief Dan Morgan said this past weekend was a busy one with four fire calls.

It started Friday night with a grease fire in the Lake Capri neighborhood. Four teens were at home when the fire started on the stove. It was put out, by an extinguisher, before the firefighters arrived. The four teens were taken to the hospital for respiration issues.

The next night - Saturday around 11:30 p.m. - the fire department was called into action again, this time at the V & S Package Store on Highway 138.

There was smoke coming from the rear of the building from a relatively small fire, according to Morgan. The package store fire is currently under investigation.

Less than an hour later, there was another call at around 12:15 a.m.

This time it was an apartment fire off of Sigman Rd from a grease fire on the stove.

A male in his early 20s was taken to Grady Hospital with burns on his arms, chest and upper legs.

The department dealt with their fourth fire Sunday afternoon, around 5:30 p.m. on Fairview Rd.

There was a fire burning in the front corner of the house when firefighters arrived.

According to Morgan, all residents out safely and no injuries reported. There was, however, smoke and heat damage to house.