Congressman Hank Johnson (GA-04) held a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Forum on Friday, May 8, to help local small businesses learn how to do business with the federal government. More than 100 small business owners attended the forum at Georgia Piedmont Technical College on North Indian Creek Drive in Clarkston.
"It was important for me to a hold a forum helping our local small businesses during National Small Business Week," said Johnson. "We know small businesses are the engines that drive our economy and create jobs. I want to do all I can to ensure small businesses get a fair shot at federal government contracts."
The event was for eligible socially and economically disadvantaged businesses that have been in business for at least two and have the capacity to perform on government and nongovernment contracts.
Representatives from the following agencies participated in the forum:
• Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
• Department of Defense (DOD)
• General Services Administration (GSA)
• Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT)
• Small Business Administration (SBA)
• U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
• Veterans Administration (VA)