By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire alarm briefly clears out BJs
IMG 4685
Don't burn the popcorn: Fire engines responded to a fire alarm triggered by burned food at BJs on Thursday afternoon. - photo by Michelle Kim

IN BRIEF: Firefighters were called to the BJ's store on Dogwood Drive in Conyers around 5:30 p.m. Thursday and the store was evacuated for a short time after a fire alarm went off.  It was discovered the cause of the smoke that triggered the fire alarm was a burned food item in the microwave of the employee break room.