By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Electrical fire clears out medical office

IN BRIEF: A sparking power line caused external damage and started small brush fires Monday morning, causing the medical office at 1463 Klondike Road to be evacuated. About 16 staff members and several patients were evacuated from the oral surgery and dental implant office when the service line connecting the building's power source began arcing and shooting off sparks. Employees said the sound and smell could be detected throughout the building. Firefighters put out the small brush fires until the power company could arrive to turn off the power source. Thermal imaging cameras were also used to inspect the crawl space to make sure there were no embers or hot spots. About four engines responded to the scene. No injuries were reported.