By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Dog rescued from burning home
Paramedic Matt Lalicki with National EMS and the rescued dog - photo by Submitted Photo

Rockdale firefighters rescued a family dog from a burning home Sunday morning.

Rockdale County Fire-Rescue and National EMS responded to a house fire at 2550 Shady Lane in Conyers around 6:30 a.m.

When firefighters arrived, they found flames burning through the roof. Two occupants of the residence escaped the fire by jumping from a front bedroom window and notified three others sleeping in the basement of the fire.

All five occupants escaped with no injury, but firefighters were told that there was a dog crated in the basement. Fire personnel found the dog that was breathing but unconscious. The dog was brought out by and turned over to National EMS, where they administered oxygen and revived the animal, which was then transported by its owner to an animal hospital.

"The fire resulted in a total loss to the structure and originated in the kitchen. Red Cross was contacted to assist the family," said Rockdale County Fire-Rescue Fire Prevention Officer Sharon Webb