The Georgia Department of Transportation will begin work again this weekend on the westbound lanes of Interstate 20 between Salem and Almon roads, according to a press release.
The interstate and the westbound ramp at Salem Road will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday.
Other construction projects include:
• Concrete slab replacement on westside I-285 will require a continuous 9 p.m., Friday, to 5 a.m., Monday, closure of two southbound (Outer Loop) lanes between Atlanta Road and South Cobb Drive;
• On Top End I-285, two Inner Loop lanes and one Outer Loop lane between Paces Ferry Road and U.S. Highway 41/Cobb Parkway will be similarly closed throughout the weekend for sign structure installation;
• On eastside I-285, sign work between Memorial Drive and Stone Mountain Freeway will necessitate two continuous northbound lane closures from 9 p.m., Friday, until 7 a.m., Saturday;
• On Interstate 75 northbound, one lane between Howell Mill and Moores Mill will be closed all weekend for drainage work; and
• On Georgia (State Route) 400, one lane between Sidney Marcus Boulevard and Lenox Road will be closed from 7 a.m., to 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.
• And as a reminder, two lanes in each direction of Georgia 400 at the Northridge Road Interchange will be closed from 10 p.m., tonight, until 5 a .m., tomorrow, for utility line relocation.
Lengthy delays are likely and Georgia DOT advises those who plan travel on these routes to call 511 or consult 511ga.org before departing to learn current work status and traffic conditions.