The Rockdale County Sheriff's Office cracked down on a local meth house with multiple arrests following a multi-week drug investigation ended last week with a car chase and search warrant. The search warrant resulted in the arrests and the recovery of drugs and stolen property.
Following multiple neighborhood complaints regarding possible drug activity at 3123 Goode Road, the joint Conyers Police Department and Rockdale County Sheriff's Office Narcotics & Vice Unit opened an investigation several weeks ago.
During the course of the investigation and surveillance, probable cause was developed to obtain a search warrant for the residence. The night prior to the search warrant being executed, a vehicle associated with the house was involved in a high speed pursuit and was able to elude RCSO deputies at the time. However, while conducting surveillance the following afternoon, Narcotics & Vice investigators saw the vehicle involved in the pursuit leaving the residence and it was pulled over a short time later, resulting in an arrest and recovery of a stolen handgun.
Following the stop of the vehicle, the search warrant was executed at 3123 Goode Road.
Multiple occupants were arrested, along with drugs, guns and stolen property being located. The execution of the search warrant also stemmed into a parallel drug investigation later that night, which resulted in another arrest and seizure of more drugs.
In total, the investigative efforts resulted in six arrests, the recovery of a stolen motorcycle and motorcycle parts stolen in a burglary, the seizure of four handguns (one reported stolen and one thrown from vehicle during high speed pursuit) and one assault rifle, and the seizure of over 1 oz. of methamphetamine, several alprazolam (Xanax) pills, and drug paraphernalia.
Those arrested and their charges are:
- Barry Ray Arnold Jr., Possession of a Schedule IV Controlled Substance
- Cassandra Lynn Arnold, Possession of Methamphetamine with Intent to Distribute
- Joseph Lewis Hubbard II, Driving Without a Valid License, Fleeing/Attempting to Elude a Police Officer, Reckless Driving & Willful Obstruction of Law Enforcement Officers
- Anthony Cardell Malcom, Parole Violation
- James Anthony Marinelli, Possession of Methamphetamine
- David Alfonso Vazquez, Driving Without a Valid License, Trafficking in Methamphetamine