Wayne Chase, one of Coca-Cola's Santas, visited the Kiwanis Club of Covington Thursday to bring holiday cheer to all.
- Modern-day Santa Claus is derived from the Catholic Saint Nicholas of Myra
- Santa did not wear a red suit until the 1930s; he used to wear a blue or green suit
- The Santa suits cost $585.
- Wayne Chase was the animated Santa that appeared on logos last year. He said he was the first new face of the Coca-Cola Santa since the mid-1960s.
- Chase bleaches his hair once every two weeks during the holiday season. His gray hair turns white and his brown hair turns yellow. He then uses a special shampoo to remove the yellow.