By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Man shoots daughter, wife in Stockbridge
Placeholder Image

UPDATE, 12:30 p.m. - The mother is reportedly in stable condition after going through surgery at Atlanta Medical Center. The 10-year-old daughter is reportedly in critical condition and out of surgery.

The mother also reportedly has another child, a girl older than the 10-year-old, who was also a step-daughter to Roberson.

The 35-year old, 5-foot-8, 175-pound Roberson, faces two charges of aggravated assault, according to RCSO spokesperson Jodi Shupe.


Original Story, Tuesday at 12:06 p.m. - Terrance Sherrod Roberson turned himself in to the Newton County Sheriff's Office shortly before 10 a.m. and was transported to Rockdale County Sheriff's Office around 11:15 a.m. Tuesday for the shooting of his 10-year daughter and estranged wife this morning outside of a Stockbridge day care center, according to Sgt. Jodi Shupe, a spokesperson for the Rockdale County Sheriff's Office.

"He just walked into the sheriff's office and said 'I need to turn myself in, I shot someone,'" Shupe said.

NCSO spokesperson Lt. Keith Crum said Roberson did not have the weapon with him.

Shupe told The News that Roberson's wife had filed for divorce yesterday after the two had been seperated for about a year. Roberson, who has been staying in DeKalb County since the seperation, is the step-father of the 10-year old victim.

The man approached his estranged wife and daughter outside of Little Mountain Christian Academy, 3144 Ga. Highway 155, around 6:30 a.m. and then shot them before fleeing in a vehicle.

The mother and daughter were both taken to Atlanta area hospitals, by helicopter and ambulance respectively, and were in critical condition this morning, Shupe said; their present condition was not known.

The daughter was reportedly being dropped off at the day care center until a bus could pick her up and take her to Lorraine Elementary School, according to Shupe.

The pair was shot as the mother was taking the child out of the car as part of their daily routine. According to Shupe, the mother typically drops off the child at 6:25 a.m. and she is then picked up by buss to go to school at 6:44 a.m.

The husband and wife had been estranged for about a year.