By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Everyone safe after fire on West St.
IMG 9342

A kitchen fire set an apartment complex on West Street abalxe Monday afternoon.

According to Covington Fire Marshall Tony Smith, the fire started from the kitchen of a single unit in the four-unit brick complex shortly before 11 a.m. 

"When crews arrived they found heavy flames and smoke coming from one of the units within the four-unit complex."

All tenants exited the building and no one was injured, with one dog deceased.

The fire was contained to the unit of origin, but the three other units suffered smoke and water damage, according to Smith. Smith said the smoke was able to spread due to the structure being built prior to building codes requiring firewalls seperating units.

The Red Cross was called in for the displaced occupants.