The City of Covington is set to approve its 2011-2012 fiscal year budget at tonight's 6:30 meeting.
The council will also discuss the 2010-2011 budget. According to the agenda, this will be done to "include additional revenues and expenditures as actual figures become available."
In addition to budgets, the council will discuss the potential lease of land near the airport.
According to the agenda, the land will be leased to serve agricultural purposes in the city.
The council will also have the first reading of an ordinance regarding unfit dwellings. The council is set to discuss remediation of unfit dwellings within the city limits in addition to repealing conflicting ordinances.
1. Call to order.
2. Discussion of the minutes from the Regular Council Meeting held on June 6, 2011.
3. Discussion of the final reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
"AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16th DAY OF OCTOBER, 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO ALTER CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF TITLE 8 (HEALTH AND SAFETY) OF THE SAID CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR THE PURPOSE OF REVISING CHAPTER 8.16 (JUNK MOTOR VEHICLES) THEREOF, TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES."
4. Discussion of purchase of right-of-way by DOT for the Highway 142/Alcovy Road project.
5. Discussion of changes to the agenda.
6. Public comments for any item not on the agenda.
7. Mr. from Paul Warfel MEAG to discuss electricity cost fluctuations.
8. Discussion of traffic control for July 3rd and July 23rd events.
9. Discussion of potential lease of land near airport for agriculture use.
10. Discussion of Mowing Agreement with Central of Georgia Railroad.
11. Discussion of bids for Haynes Court drainage improvements.
12. Discussion of bids for Pinecrest Drive retaining wall.
13. Discussion of amending the City's Purchasing Policy to require appraisals be obtained anytime the City buys or sells real estate.
14. Discussion of a resolution to amend the City's FY 2010-11 Budget to include additional revenues and expenditures as actual figures become available.
15. Discussion to adopt the City's FY 2011-12 Budget.
16. Discussion of policies for new fund balance reporting.
17. Discussion of bids for the purchase of HR/payroll software.
18. Discussion of proposal for sale of scrap wire by Electric Department.
19. Discussion of bids for purchase of new lighting for rear canopy parking area at City Hall.
20. Discussion of CGI Communication's NLC MayorsTV.com video.
21. Discussion of the first reading of an ordinance for the City of Covington:
"AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF COVINGTON, GEORGIA, TO AMEND THE COVINGTON MUNICIPAL CODE, ENACTED AND ADOPTED ON THE 16TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2001, AS AMENDED BY PREVIOUS AMENDMENTS, TO ALTER CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF SECTION 8.24.040 OF THE SAID CODE RELATING TO THE REMEDIATION OF UNFIT DWELLINGS WITHIN THE CITY LIMITS, TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES."
22. Mr. Rusty Bullard to address the Council regarding the Corrydell Development.
23. Public comments.
24. Recommendations of the City Manager.
25. Recommendations of the Mayor and Council.