The Checkers on Hwy. 278 is closed after a small grease fire ignited Monday morning.
According to Covington Fire Marshall Tony Smith the fire was caused by grease build up in a deep fryer when employees began store start up. Two employees were on scene when the grease fire began. There were no injuries.
Covington fire personnel were called to the scene at approximately 8:30 a.m.
Smith said the store will be shut down until repairs can be made and inspections from the fire marshal and environmental health department are conducted.