Three individuals were arrested as suspects in the bank robbery of a Chase Bank in Lithonia, which occurred on Oct. 4. The robbery was similar to a string of takeover-style robberies committed across the metro area, including Conyers and Covington.
Yaharam Ben Yisrael, Kelton malik Huger and Lucius Oliver Service - all of Atlanta - were arrested by FBI Special Agent in Charge Brian D. Lamkin in conjunction with the Dekalb County Police Department.
At approximately 12:04 p.m. on Oct. 4, two armed subjects entered the Chase Bank in Lithonia, while a third waited outside in a black Cadillac. According to reports, the two robbers who entered the bank ordered everyone down on the floor, and at one point held guns to the heads of a teller and bank customers.
The robbers were unable to access the bank's money, and took a change machine and robbed a bank customer. The two robbers fled the bank and were seen by Dekalb Police Department uniformed officers leaving in the awaiting Cadillac.
A chase then ensued until the robbers left the vehicle at the Creekside Crossing Apartments in Dekalb County and were taken into custody at the scene.
All three are being charged federally on armed bank robbery related charges and have initial appearances in front of U.S. Magistrate Judge Baverman in Atlanta on Tuesday.
Yisrael, Huger and Service are also suspected in the robbery of the Chase Bank located at 1250 Tech Dr in Norcorss on Sept. 30.
The three are suspected of takeover style of robbery which has spread throughout the metro Atlanta area, including Conyers and Convington. On Aug. 25, the Wachovia Bank on 1280, Dogwood Rd. was robbed by two black males wearing masks.
Prior similar area robberies include:
* 7/27/10-Wachovia, Clairmont Rd, Atlanta/Dekalb County, GA. Two black males, wigs, guns, takeover style; 10:44 a.m.
* 7/30/10-Chase Bank, 5552 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody, GA. Four males entered the bank, demanded money; two of the males were armed with pistols, and a third was armed with an assault rifle; described as black males, wearing dark clothing and ski masks; ranged in height from 5'5" - 5'10" tall; 10:15 a.m.
* 8/16 /10-Wachovia Bank, 3374 Holcomb Bridge Rd., (Holcomb Corners) Norcross, GA. Two black males, wearing wigs, displaying guns, take-over style robbery; 10:20 a.m.
* 8/20/10-Chase Bank, 1050 E. Piedmont Rd. (Piedmont Commons), Marietta, GA. Two black males, armed takeover-style robbery, wearing masks, no wigs; 1:11 p.m.
* 8/25/10-Wachovia Bank, 1280 Dogwood Rd, Conyers, GA. Two black males, wearing wigs, displaying guns, takeover robbery; 10:43 a.m.
* 8/26/10 - BB&T, Covington, GA. One black male, takeover-style robbery, stolen silver Lexus recovered.
* 8/27/10-Chase Bank, 2079 S. Hairston Rd. (Hairston Crossing) Decatur, GA. Two black males, guns displayed, takeover-style robbery, no wigs; 10:15 a.m.
* 9/8/10-Wachovia Bank, located at 3520 Centerville Highway, Snellville, Georgia