By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Smoking AC causes brief Pine Street Elementary evacuation
PSE short evacuation smoking AC IMG 1192
Students were briefly evacuated for about 10 minutes from Pine Street Elementary when an air conditioner started smoking into the cafeteria. - photo by Annette Godwin

IN BRIEF: Pine Street Elementary was briefly evacuated Tuesday morning after an air conditioning unit on the back of the cafeteria began smoking, according to RCPS spokesperson Cindy Ball. Students were brought back into the school around 9:40 a.m.

"It put a little bit of smoke in the cafeteria. They have to check everything out to make sure," said Ball.

The air conditioning unit's motor overheated, said Rockdale County Fire Department Deputy Chief Mike Lee.