Rockdale Medical Center announced the appointment of its newly formed Board of Trustees April 27.
The purpose of the new board is to work with RMC management to ensure the provision of quality medical care that meets the needs of the community. Board responsibilities include oversight of matters related to quality and medical staff as well as quality improvement efforts. The board will also serve as a local, community-based sounding board for hospital management.
The newly structured board is composed of five community board members, including two appointed by the Hospital Authority of Rockdale County (HARC), and three physician members. The chief executive officer of RMC or a management representative of LifePoint Hospitals will serve as an ex-officio member.
The following individuals have been appointed to the RMC Board of Trustees:
• Richard D. (Rick) Simons, consultant with Air Products and former chair of the RMC, Inc. Board of Directors. Simons will serve as interim chair of the RMC Board of Trustees
• Ethel R. Boyle, real estate agent for ReMax; chair of HARC Board of Trustees and HARC designee
• Joanne P. Caldwell, retired Clerk of Courts, Rockdale County, and HARC designee
• Richard Carter, MD, board certified in Internal Medicine and Hematology/ Oncology, Atlanta Cancer Care
• James R. (Jim) deGive, MD, board certified Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine Associates of Rockdale
• Vince Evans, RPh, owner of Evans Pharmacy; Conyers City Council
• George Isshak, MD, board certified Vascular Surgery, RMC Chief of Staff
• Leslie West, Vice President of Customer Care, Acuity Brands
Initial appointees will serve staggered terms of one, two and three years. All future appointees will serve three year terms.
Rockdale Medical Center is a 138-bed licensed hospital serving Conyers, Ga., and surrounding communities. Located about 25 miles east of Atlanta, Rockdale Medical Center is accredited by the Joint Commission as well as The American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. For more information, please visit www.rockdalemedicalcenter.org.