By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Pilot Club Christmas Tour of Homes

Pilot Club Christmas Tour of Homes
Sunday, Dec. 7
1: p.m.-4: p.m.
Cost:$12 in advance, $15 at the door

The Pilot Club Conyers Christmas Tour of Homes returns for its 17th season with five beautifully decorated, historic homes in Olde Town Conyers on Sunday, Dec. 7, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. Tickets, $12 in advance/$15 day of, can be purchased from Pilot Club members or at the Olde Jail Museum, 967 Milstead Ave. Be inspired with the Christmas spirit on this tour, learn about these historic homes and give back to the Conyers Pilot Club, which aids organizations involved in brain-related injuries and issues. For more information, call Lillis Brown at 404-394-3474 or Betty McCullough at 770-337-6814.

Homes on this year's tour are:

(Pictured) 972 N. Main St, home of the Garner family; This distinctive, six bedroom, three and a half bath high-ceilinged home, built in 1905 by Joe Crumbley, has been an Olde Town fixture, located right next to the former Conyers public school and current school system central office. Piano lessons used to be taught in its parlor. Susie Garner purchased it in 2002 and renovated it in nine months to make it handicap accessible and energy efficient. A second floor, kitchen, den, rear porch and two-car garage were added.

1273 Shadowlawn Dr., home of Peggy Lawrence; built in 1985 by David and Mary Smith and purchased by Lawrence in 2011.

1116 Milstead Ave., home of Paige McCord; built in 1896, owned by Herbert Summers, Mr. & Mrs. W.A. Henson, Mr. & Mrs. Zack Almond, and purchased by McCord in 2000. Completely renovated.

984 N. Main St., home of Don and Samantha Swaney; built in 1880 by Mr. Frost, purchased by Roland Huff for his new bride Cora Hogan; willed to Cora's sister Stella Hogan, who never lived in the house and died in 2006 at age of 100; purchased by the Swaneys in 2009.

991 N. Main St., home of the Currie family; built in 1935 by John Ogletree for Lawrence and Martha Veal; given to Lawrence Veal by his mother Sarah Beulah; Curry family residence since 2012.