By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Grease fire at Cook Road home
Placeholder Image

IN BRIEF: Rockdale County firefighters responded to a house fire at 3:03 p.m. Friday at Cook Road.  Four engines, one rescue unit and mutual aid from Henry County responded to this location, according to Rockdale County Fire and Rescue spokesperson Sharon Webb.

"Upon arrival smoke was showing from the two-story split level residence.The cause of the fire was found to be grease that was left on the stove by the homeowner after cooking," Webb wrote in a released statement.

The fire was extinguished within minutes of arrival. The residence received heavy fire damage to the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the upper level and the power was shut off. The family, consisting of two adults and three children, was able to make arrangements with nearby relatives and Red Cross was not contacted for assistance.  All units left the scene by 4:15 p.m.