County Chief of Staff resigns (Jan. 8, 2013)
Rockdale County Board of Commissioners announced the names of two finalists for the Chief of Staff position that was vacated earlier this year.
• Founding Director of Operations – ROADS Charter School, New York
• Assistant Chief of Staff and Director of General Services, Administration – NYC Dept. of Consumer Affairs
• Special Projects Coordinator, Administration/Operations – North Star Academy, Charter School of Newark
• BA, Univ. of Maryland – College Park; J.D., Univ. of Connecticut School of Law
• City Manager – City of Lithonia, GA
• Director of Business & Economic Development – City of East Point, GA
• Managing Director, Economic Development – CEO’s Office, DeKalb County Government
• Senior Manager, Program Audits – Private Industry Council, Atlanta
• Assistant County Manager – Fulton County Manager’s Office
• Deputy Chief of Staff – Fulton County Board of Commissioners
• Masters in Business Administration and Masters in Public Administration, Georgia State University
There were 101 total applicants.
The interview panel of experts consisted of Hakim Hillard, Chief of Staff - DeKalb County, Kevin Little, Chairman –Walton County, and Becky Heisten, HR Director - Newton County.
Sanders scored a total of 271.66 on the evaluation rating and Peart a total of 284. The salary range for this position is $57,219 – $91,351.
There are plans to have this item on the May 14 Board of Commissioners agenda.