The Covington Redevelopment Authority, in support of the Partnership for Community Action, is committed to ensuring that Newton County residents are aware of the PCA Weatherization Program.
This program is designed to serve low-income households without means of making cost-effective energy conservation improvements to their home.
What you need to know
• This program targets households that include the elderly, disabled and families with children.
• Participation is granted on a first come, first serve basis.
• Weatherization consists of attic insulation, wall insulation, duct insulation, duct sealing, carbon monoxide testing on gas appliances, door air leakage testing, weather stripping and caulking. The process also includes the replacement of unvented space heaters, health and safety items, furnaces, water heaters, stoves and meter refrigeration.
• Repairs will be scheduled in order of priority based on a waiting list.
• Sometimes participants may wait several months after being placed on a list.
• Currently, residents of Newton County are receiving help through this program.
What you need to do
• Contact PCA at (404) 929-2464 or 2465 to determine if you are income eligible for being placed on the wait list.
• Once all eligibility requirements are met, an energy auditor will initiate contact with the applicant to schedule a time to perform a comprehensive home energy audit.