By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Couples fight leads to kitchen fire
Placeholder Image

A fight between a couple led to a kitchen fire Tuesday morning at a home at the intersection of Newton Drive and Adams Street.

Assistant Fire Marshal Captain Tony Smith said the couple had been arguing and the male turned on the kitchen stove to light a cigarette. They continued their argument and eventually left the home, forgetting to turn the stove off.

The fire was contained to the kitchen and mainly damaged the stove, with minimal damage to the wall and ceiling at the stove.