They said what? (Quotes from 2016 Masters week)
5. “Some of my favorite memories were certainly back home, having a bunch of my friends over, and just kind of having the jacket on while you’re grilling out.” Jordan Spieth, on wearing the green jacket.
4. “As a fan, yes, as a player, no. I don’t like getting beat by Tiger all the time. I mean, it sucked.” Jason Day, on Tiger Woods’ absence from golf.
3. “As far as green jacket stories, for me, it’s just a great way to give the other guys grief, kind of give them a little jab here or there. I always like to rough up Dustin (Johnson). He’s just a great target.” – Phil Mickelson
2. “It won’t affect our ticket sales, I promise you that.” – Billy Payne, on the possibility of the PGA Championship moving to February in 2020 to make room for the Olympics.
1. Bryson DeChambeau, on naming his clubs: “So 1960, who won the Masters? (Arnold Palmer, nicknamed The King) So King is the name of my 60-degree wedge…1950, 50-degree wedge, Jimmy Demaret won in 1950, so I call him Jimmy. Kind of funny when you ask, hey, give me the Jimmy.”