SOCIAL CIRCLE, Ga. – The free Outdoors GA app has multiple uses, including purchasing and storing hunting and fishing licenses, finding hunting and fishing areas, helping you locate a boat ramp, viewing regulations and so much more! For hunters, this app additionally allows them to check their harvest, even without cell service, according to the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division.
“We continue to see improvements with this free app and it provides essential information for all outdoor enthusiasts’,” said Rusty Garrison, Director of the Wildlife Resources Division. “Being able to truly go ‘paperless’ is a great step and one we think hunters will find beneficial, especially now that it can be used without needing to be in cell range.”
Outdoors GA app features include:
- Hunters can “check” harvested game even with NO available cell service – eliminating any need for a paper copy of a harvest record, unless desired.
- Quick access to Georgia rules and regulations
- Carry an electronic copy of your license, and your whole family’s licenses
- Access your current harvest record and Georgia Game Check
- Use geo-locating tools to enhance your recreational experience
- Determine sunset/sunrise times based on GPS location and other useful tools
- Find public fishing areas, boat ramps, and wildlife management areas near you
Download the free app now on your mobile device through the Apple or Google Play Store and search “Outdoors GA.”