By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Blanket contacting heater causes Wheat St fire
Placeholder Image

The Covington Fire Department responded to a residential fire at 5131 Wheat Street Wednesday evening.

According to Covington Fire Marshall Tony Smith, there were two adults and three dogs on scene, and all were able to get out of the house with no injuries.

“The fire started by blanket coming in contact with a gas-fired heater,” Smith said.

All fire units were called into service for the fire.