About the program
This honor, given out by The Covington News, recognizes young people who are leading the way in business, leadership, community, education and/or philanthropic endeavors. The forty will be chosen by a selection committee based on their professional expertise and achievements, as well as dedication to charitable and community initiatives.
Thank you for your interest in nominating a Newton County resident or professional for The Covington News' Under 40 program. Please review the award requirements and criteria before submitting your nominations.
Nominations will open May 17, 2018 and will close July 31, 2018 at 5 p.m. Nominations must be submitted by someone other than the nominee. Please consider asking employers or community leaders to nominate deserving people who are not members of the nominee's immediate family.
Requirements for honorees:
- Must either live or do business in Newton County in a full-time capacity.
- Must be under 40 by Oct. 1, 2018.
- Must be willing to connect with The Covington News, if selected, to be published by the newspaper in a special magazine, online and in the newspaper as appropriate.
Criteria for honorees:
- Must aspire to uphold core values of integrity, civility, kindness, respect, sustainability, citizenship and social responsibility.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to maintaining a lifelong relationship with Newton County.
- Must have made an impact in business, research, artistic, leadership, community, educational, and/or philanthropic endeavors.
The Under 40 class will be honored in a special publication of The Covington News Oct. 21, 2018.
* The Covington News reserves the right to verify that the nominees meet the criteria and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any nominee for any reason.