By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Grease fire at Tall Oaks apartments
IMG 3823
Fire Inspector Phil Norton, left, Lt. Dan McCullough, and the resident inspect the burned stove unit. - photo by Michelle Kim

IN BRIEF: A grease fire that ignited at a Tall Oaks apartment this morning was quickly put out without injuries to the home residents or firefighters.

Around 11 a.m. Tuesday, the tennant at a unit at 324 Tall Oaks Circle called 911 for help when grease on the stove erupted into flames and smoke. An automatic extinguisher installed in the stove unit had activated, dumping powder-like material on the stove, but the grease fire continued. The fire was quickly extinguished by firefighters and damage was contained to the kitchen.