By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fourth suspect arrested in burned body murder
Tora Reed

A fourth suspect was arrested in the murder case of an Auburn man whose burned body was found in Rockdale in February.

Tora Jefferson Reed, 34, of Lithonia was arrested by DeKalb County deputies that tried to serve him a warrant on May 12. Reed reportedly fled in a truck with his toddler son in the back and led deputies on a short chase to the Fairfield Baptist Church in Lithonia where he was arrested without resistance. Reed's father reportedly worked at the church as a janitor.

Reed had a warrant for murder and first degree arson for the homicide of electrician Martin Villa-Gomez. Gomez's body was found on February 5 with two shots to the head in a burned out pickup truck on Turner Road near Abbott Road.

A cigarette butt found at the crime scene was collected and sent to the GBI to test for DNA. The test results recently came back with a match for Reed, according to Rockdale County Sheriff's Office Investigator Michael Camp.

Reed's name had also come up previously during the investigation as connected to the other suspects that were arrested in February and March -  Antonio Lindsey, 39, of Lithonia, Deodrick Ricardo Rivers, 31, of Ellenwood, and Kelton Perez Franklin, 36, of Snellville.

Reed was booked into the Rockdale County jail on May 12. Camp said the investigation is still ongoing.

Lead investigator RCSO Lt. Matt Wolfe said that Villa-Gomez worked as an electrician sub-contractor with the three men, for a home renovation business owned by Lindsey.

The motive is still unclear in the case, but Wolfe said investigators are currently awaiting on FBI and GBI records to be released, including cell phone records that may give investigators a clearer picture of what occurred.

District Attorney Richard Read reportedly spoke at the hearing stating that three pieces of jewelry found by Villa-Gomez two weeks prior to his death, may have been a potential motive in the case.

Villa-Gomez last spoke to his long-time girlfriend on the afternoon of Feb 4, but never came home from work later that evening.

Allie Jackson contributed to this article.