A three-car accident on the Covington Bypass Road Tuesday afternoon left one Covington resident dead and five other people injured.
Covington resident Tiffany Danielle Warren, 21, died after being struck in head-on collision Tuesday afternoon, while five others were injured and transported to hospitals including:
• A 16-year-old female (her name was not released), Covington, Children's Medical
• A 14-year old male (the family asked for the name not to be released), Covington, Children's Medical
• Wesley Foney, 19, Covington, Grady Hospital
• John Farmer, 40, Covington, Grady Hospital
• Leslie Roschelle Sims, 44, Covington, Grady Hospital
According to Georgia State Patrol spokeswoman Tracey Watson, a white 2007 Ford LGT Convtnl ‘F' - a full-size, light duty pickup truck - was driving east on the Bypass Road around 5:10 p.m. "when it struck a 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier in the rear and then crossed the centerline and struck a 1999 Chevrolet Caviler head-on."
The Ford was being driven by the 16-year-old; Farmer and Ellis were passengers in the Ford. Watson said the 16-year-old's name was not being released because "charges could be filed against her in juvenile court once the investigation is complete."
Warren was driving the 1999 Cavalier; Foney was her passenger.
Sims was driving the 1998 Cavalier.
Watson said charges are pending the completion of an investigation by the Georgia State Patrols' Specialized Collision Reconstruction Team. She said there is no timetable for the investigation to be completed.