By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Protect you and yours
Placeholder Image

Last weekend, a tragic fire at a home on College Avenue in Covington cost Aubrey Whelchel his life.
We don't wish this tragedy to be repeated in our community this winter season.

We ask you to please check the batteries in your smoke detector. If you don't have one, please buy one; if you can't afford one please contact us, we will make every effort to get you one.
This is also the time for Christmas decorations. Don't overload your light circuits, and if you go out, turn your tree lights and outside lights off.

Change the filters on your furnace. If you use a fireplace or a wood stove, keep the area around them clear of paper and material that burns. Place a screen in front of your fireplace to prevent embers or sparks from floating around your home. Also make sure your chimney is clear.

Please see that matches and lighters are placed out of the reach of small children.

If you care for someone who cannot care for themselves, please make sure these safeguards are in place at their homes as well as yours.

It just takes a few minutes to fireproof your house, please for the sake of yourself your family and your neighbors, do so as soon as possible.