Digby A. Solomon, president, publisher and CEO of the Daily Press Media Group, Newport News, Va., was elected president of the Southern Newspaper Publishers Association this morning, along with The Covington News publisher, Charles Hill Morris, Jr. elected as treasurer.
In addition to Solomon, the following officers were elected:
• Chairman: Bill Nutting, vice president, Ogden Newspapers, Wheeling, W.Va.
• President-Elect: Tom Silvestri, president and publisher, Richmond (Va.) Times-Dispatch.
• Treasurer: Charles Hill Morris, publisher, The Covington (Ga.) News.
The SNPA Board of Directors consists of one director from each of the 14 SNPA states, and four at-large directors. Terms on the board are staggered.
Elected to seats on the board were:
• North Carolina: David Woronoff, publisher, The Pilot in Southern Pines.
• Oklahoma: Chris Reen, president and publisher, The Oklahoman, Oklahoma City.
• Tennessee: Carol Hudler, president and publisher, The Tennessean, Nashville.
• Virginia: David Mele, publisher, The Virginian-Pilot, Norfolk.