By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Drunk couple makes accusations, get arrested
Placeholder Image

A couple was arrested Friday evening after allegedly getting drunk and arguing with another person on Washington Street.

When officers from the Covington Police Department arrived they reportedly saw Jennifer Ann Dominessy, 37, arguing with another woman. Officers heard Dominessy call the other woman a name and threaten to beat her up. The argument was taking place in front of a 7-year-old boy, according to reports. Because of this, and Dominessy's unwillingness to calm down, she was placed in cuffs until officers could further assess the situation.

Officers spoke with the other woman who allegedly told them Dominessy and her boyfriend, 26-year-old Michael Paul Robinson, had approached her and her friends and asked if they wanted to drink with them. She said she told Dominessy "no, I don't know ya'll" and the couple walked away and sat on a nearby curb.

According to the victim, Dominessy and Robinson began arguing over Dominessy's belongings, she pushed him and walked back over to the complainant and began yelling at her to return the book bag she had stolen. The complainant told officers that she denied taking anything from either Dominessy or Robinson and told the couple to leave. Dominessy refused to leave without her book bag.
Reports indicate that when officers arrived they noticed that Dominessy had a book bag, however she reportedly told them she had two book bags. In addition to noticing that she had a book bag, officers also noticed that she appeared to be intoxicated.

When asked if she had been drinking Dominessy allegedly said "yeah, I have had a whole bottle of Jack Daniels, can you just go ahead and take me if you're gonna' take me?" According to officers Robinson confirmed they had been drinking at Turner Lake Park. He also smelled of alcohol and police found a bottle of Tequila on him.
Both were arrested for public drunk and transported to the Newton County Detention Center.