Lessons on leadership, tasty Chick-fil-A food and the warm feeling that one gets after donating to a good cause will be available at the Chick-fil-A Leadercast from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. May 6 at the Turner Lake Complex.
The event is in Atlanta but is being simulcast across the nation.
Tickets for the Covington event are available for $65 at Turner Lake or online at newtonrecreation.com and include breakfast and lunch and speaking presentations from 11 successful leaders.
Ticket proceeds will benefit the Miracle League of Newton County, which is raising money to build a youth baseball complex, including a specially-designed Miracle League field for disabled children.
This year's event features:
- Mack Brown, head football coach of the University of Texas
- Dan Cathy, president of Chick-fil-A
- Seth Godin, entrepreneur and author of 12 books, including "Linchpin"
- Erin Grunwell, founder of The Freedom Writers Foundation
- Frans Johansson, author of "The Medici Effect"
- Muthar Kent, CEO of Coca-Cola Company
- John C. Maxwell, leadership expert and author of "21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership"
- Dave Ramsey, author and nationally syndicated radio personality
- Robin Roberts, anchor of ABC's "Good Morning America"
- Sir Ken Robinson, author and leader in development of creativity and innovation
- Suzy Welch, author, television commentator and business journalist
One Conyers business executive, accountant and chief operating officer Beverly Sparkmon, is sending 23 of her employees to the event for the second year in a row, said local Miracle League consultant Tamara Richardson.
She said the event is suited for leaders looking to improve themselves.
You can learn more about the event at chick-fil-aleadercast.com.