COVINGTON, Ga. - Covington Hotel Group LLC announced 93 new rooms for visitors to stay locally with Avid Hotel starting development. The hotel is slated to open in the second quarter of 2020.
The hotel, which will be located on Highway 278 near Interstate 20 will be within walking distance to restaurants like LongHorn Steakhouse and Applebees Neighborhood Grill + Bar.
The Avid Hotels brand is part of InterContinental Hotels Group's diverse family of brands in nearly 100 countries and territories. The scale and diversity of the IHG family of brands means that its hotels can meet guests’ needs whatever the occasion – whether an overnight getaway, a business trip, a family celebration or a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
"We look forward to partnering with IHG and providing future guests with the unmatched comfort and hospitality that comes with staying at an Avid Hotel," Noman Qamar, president and CEO of Integrated Hotel Solutions Group of Companies, said.
According to a news release, the four-story hotel will feature Avid's prototypical design, which includes the following:
- A modern exterior hotel design with an open and airy retail-like entry, a canopy and uses the stairwell as an eye-catching red architectural feature.
- Interior design with vibrant, open public space and inviting communal areas that allow guests to relax, work, connect or eat. There will also be a modern fitness center near the entrance.
- Guest rooms will include a best-in-class mattress; sound-reducing features for a superior night’s sleep; a dedicated workspace; open, easy-to-use storage. The guest bathroom experience re-energizes guests with a fresh and bright design.
- Guest rooms also offer IHG® Studio, a seamless direct casting of entertainment from guests’ smartphones and personal devices to 55-inch TVs in each room. IHG® Connect in each hotel also provides enhanced Wi-Fi technology.
- The breakfast offering features a select number of high-quality, brand-name options for breakfast alongside a premium fresh, and individually brewed, bean-to-cup coffee experience to start the day off right.
- Guests can rest easy with the Avid hotels' guarantee, which guarantees the room will be ‘just right’ upon arrival so guests can be confident they have made the right decision. If the room does not meet the guarantee standards upon check-in, the hotel will promptly address or offer a room change. If there is not another available room, the guest will not be charged for that night’s room and tax.
"This new Avid Hotel speaks to the confidence that owners have in this new mainstream brand and IHG's proven track record in delivering great hotels that deliver true hospitality to guests and superior returns for owners," Chris Drazba, IHG's vice president, North America Mainstream Brands and Mexico Development, said. We are excited about the continued momentum and growth of Avid hotels around the Americas region."