COVINGTON, Ga. – On Feb. 25, Independent We Stand, a national small business movement, kicked-off its fourth annual America’s Main Streets contest to help consumers, small business owners and Main Street organizations reward a deserving Main Street with $25,000 in cash and sponsor-related prizes. Main Street Covington is among this year’s nominees.
“Our Independent We Stand America’s Main Streets contest shines a light on the pride business owners and communities take in their Main Streets,” Independent We Stand co-founder Bill Brunelle said. “We know small businesses on these Main Streets help them thrive and have a measurable economic impact. This contest is a chance to share those stories with people from coast-to-coast.”
The Main Street Covington Program was established in 1988 to enhance the quality of life for the City of Covington residents through revitalization of the downtown district. If Main Street Covington wins the grand prize, they plan on putting it back into Downtown Covington and make it even more beautiful than it already is.
“Over the past 30 years, Downtown Covington has come a long way to where it is today. That could not have been possible without the support of this community,” Main Street Director Lauren Singleton said. “It was a huge honor being voted into the Top 10 in last year’s contest. We would love to make it to the Top 10 again and even win!”
The first round of voting in the contest began as soon as Main Street Covington was nominated and runs through April 21. All nominations and voting take place on MainStreetContest.com.
- Feb. 25 to April 21: “America’s Main Streets” nominations and quarterfinalist voting
- March 4-8: “Great American Red, White & Q” road trip
- April 29 to May 26: “America’s Main Streets” semifinalist voting
- June 3: “America’s Main Streets” winner announced
- July 4: “Main Streets Make Us Better” event; “America’s Main Streets” winner announces plans for $25,000 grand prize
Additional contest prizes include:
- STIHL Equipment Certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL dealer in the U.S.
- Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
- Free One Day Downtown Assessment from Flip This Town
- Nationwide Marketing Group $500 shopping spree
- PPG Paints $500 shopping spree
- Public relations and social media recognition
- A special plaque for the winner to proudly display
For more information on Main Street Covington, visit: www.DowntownCovington.org or call 770-385-2077.
STIHL Inc., America’s number-one selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment, is the founding sponsor of Independent We Stand and the presenting sponsor of America’s Main Streets contest. The company follows a unique distribution strategy in the handheld outdoor power equipment industry, choosing never to sell products at big box stores, but instead remaining loyal to its 9,000+ authorized local STIHL dealers nationwide.
- Do it Best Corp.
- Flip This Town
- Nationwide Marketing Group
- North American Retail Hardware Association
- PPG Paints