View Mobile Site
 
Posted: August 19, 2014 3:00 p.m.

US changing no-fly list rules

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration says it plans to change the way travelers can ask to be removed from its no-fly list of suspected terrorists.

The move comes after a federal judge in Portland, Oregon, ruled that there was no meaningful way to challenge the air travel ban. The judge said that was unconstitutional.

In a court filing, the Justice Department says the U.S. will make changes during the next six months. So far, the government is offering few details. As of late last summer there were about 48,000 people on the list.

In most instances, travelers assume they are on the no-fly list because they go through additional screening at airports or they're told they can't board their flights to, from or within the U.S.

CovNews Comments

You must be logged in to post comments.
http://beta.covnews.com/ encourages readers to interact with one another. We will not edit your comments, but we reserve the right to delete any inappropriate responses.

To report offensive or inappropriate comments, contact our editor.

The comments below are from readers of http://beta.covnews.com/ and do not necessarily represent the views of The Covington News or Morris Multimedia.

No comments have been posted. Log in or Register to post a comment.

Please wait ...