View Mobile Site
 
Posted: August 17, 2014 9:01 p.m.

Hospital evacuated due to faulty AC unit

Bryan Fazio/

A faulty air handling unit filled with smoke and caused the evacuation of Newton Medical Center's emergency room Sunday evening.

Shortly before 7:30 p.m. a call came in concerning an odor of smoke in the hospital. The hospital was then evacuated after several Covington Fire Department and Police Department vehicles arrived on scene, including a ladder truck sending personnel to the roof.

According to Covington Fire Marshall Tony Smith, maintenance was repairing the faulty motor.

A battalion chief on station said everyone was evacuated without incident.

The ER went back to normal operations in approximately 30-45 minutes, according to Smith.

CovNews Comments

You must be logged in to post comments.
http://beta.covnews.com/ encourages readers to interact with one another. We will not edit your comments, but we reserve the right to delete any inappropriate responses.

To report offensive or inappropriate comments, contact our editor.

The comments below are from readers of http://beta.covnews.com/ and do not necessarily represent the views of The Covington News or Morris Multimedia.

No comments have been posted. Log in or Register to post a comment.

Please wait ...