A LaGrange man, released from the Newton County Jail Tuesday under a charge of theft by receiving stolen property from May 2013, reportedly stole a man's car from a gas station the next day.
S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G, B-E-E… Spelling Bee.
Snow is an unfamiliar enough sight for Metro Atlanta residents, but ice-skating Fords, Hondas and Chevrolets? That's just plain out-there.
Businesses and organizations needing web help and local web designers and developers looking for work have a chance to connect Saturday at a first-of-its-kind event in Newton County.
The City of Covington held its retirement reception Thursday evening honoring the 19 former employees who made 2013 their swan song.
A Covington man was arrested for reportedly "laying drags" in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Due to continued icy conditions on the roadways, all Newton County Schools will be closed for students tomorrow, Jan. 31, a release from the school system said.
The Covington News will continue to update residents throughout the day as Newton County recovers from Snow Storm 2014. Please visit throughout the day to find out more on closures, weather, traffic and any possible emergencies.
Newton County roads are clearing up, and the county offices will open at 10 a.m. Thursday.
Newton County Schools will be closed tomorrow, Thursday, Jan. 30, due to inclement weather.
While schools and many businesses were closed Wednesday, many Newton County residents had a rare snow day. Check out the photos and share your own. Send any photos you take to us through our Facebook page or to email@example.com.
The Newton Medical Center has cancelled its Code Silver drill, originally slated for Thursday.
Our former webmaster Tyler Smith tells his story of getting stranded in the Atlanta snow (the story had to be typed on a cell phone).
No major incidents were reported throughout Tuesday evening and into Wednesday morning.
UPDATE: While Interstate 20 may be passable, many of the side roads are still treacherous and covered in ice. Our carriers will attempt to begin delivery after 12 p.m. today. Some deliveries may stretch into Thursday morning, depending on the condition of the roads. Please bear with us as we work to get The Covington News to you as soon as is safely possible. Check www.covnews.com for updates on road conditions, closures and more.
The lowest price for regular fuel is $3.07 at Kroger, located at 5341 Ga. Highway 20 S near Brown Bridge Road.
In Georgia, some 60.7 percent of non-custodial parents are consistently current with their child-support payments. However, a new program of the Georgia Department of Human Services is designed to help the other 39.3 percent learn how to better support their children, both financially and emotionally.
Covington will kick off the holiday season and light up the night at tomorrow evening's "Magical Lights of Christmas'' opening ceremony downtown on the square.
Despite his argument that his defense attorney was incompetent and ineffective, the Georgia Supreme Court has upheld the murder conviction of Darrell Antonio Crowder, who was sentenced to life for the 2008 murder of his estranged wife.
Raheem Jontavis Johnson, 17, 65 Gazebo Drive, Covington, Nov. 4. Obstruction or hindering law enforcement officer, disrupting public school, fighting in a public place.
A Gainesville woman reportedly chased a teen who tried to steal her iPhone 5 at the Salem Road Walmart Friday.
Confident in dialogue and conduct, James Johnson Jr. echoes his 22-year career in the United States Army.
The City of Social Circle is inviting everyone in the community to band together to give thanks this weekend at the annual community Thanksgiving celebration.
The city of Covington is taking over maintenance of the square, but not much is expected to change.
Some U.S. House Democrats, including Newton County Rep. Hank Johnson, are proposing banning loaded guns in all airports in the aftermath of a shooting at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
An elegant evening inspired by the wine country of the provinces of France came to Covington Nov. 9 as Worthington Manor, home of Ralph Miller and Benjamin Dameron, became "Chateau Worthington.''
The lowest price for regular fuel is $3.07 at Shell, located at 14656 Brown Bridge Road and Magnet Road.
Eyewitnesses and insider information make a criminal investigator's jobs a lot easier, but officials know that sources are sometimes hesitant to come forward due to fears for their safety.
One local nurse is responding to the call for help from families halfway across the globe devastated by Typhoon Haiyan, which decimated the central Philippines last week.
Some families have lived in the Covington Housing Authority's public housing for more than 30 years, raising generation after generation in the federally subsidized apartments.